So, we finally made it to Vienna!
The night train wasnt that great of an experience, it is very hard to sleep when the train is stopping and starting so many times! We all felt like we hardly slept at all but none the less, we made it!
First off, I am so excited to be back in Vienna! Taking the tram yesterday, I had so many memories that would come back to me just by looking at a few different streets and sites that I can remember.
I met up with the Vienna family that I was an Au Pair for yesterday. I had lunch with them and their 15th Au Pair (I believe I was their 5th or 6th). Lisa is exactly the way I remember her personality wise. She also hasnt changed much in looks, maybe grew a little bit in the past 3 years but surprisingly mostly the same! Barbara on the other hand is SO different. She was 18 months when I was there and is now almost 5. She talks a mile a minute (and speaks very good english I might add) and doesnt seem to be as bratty or spoiled acting as Lisa is. It was definitely very cool to have the opportunity to see them again! When it was time for me to go, Lisa clung onto me and wouldnt stop giving me a hug! She even started to cry..asking me why I had to leave her! It was very cute but again, thats just what I remember being her like..kind of seizing opportunities for attention.
We were supposed to leave today for Prague but we decided that we would stay and extra night here!
This afternoon we went to see the Hundertwasser Haus (which I saw when I was here 3 years ago) and I still think its amazing! Definitely one of my favorite things to visit in Vienna I believe.
Anyways, I should be going. I am not too sure what we are up to tonight!
Will write again soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Too bad you did not get some sleep on the night train. You all must be tired. Hard to believe that the family is on their 15th au pair! It is interesting hearing about the family. I didn't see the comment that I wrote after your blog from Rome.
ReplyDeleteI had writen that the easiest way for people to add comments was to use anonymous. This blog seems harder to use than the one when you went to Austria several years ago for some reason.
Love,
Mom