Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Rome

Hello all,
I just have a few minutes to write an update so here we go..
Weve been in Rome for about 5 days now and have seen some amazing stuff!

We have been to the Collesium as well as things like the Trevi Fountain, Spanish Steps and have toured Vatican City! We were also able to go across the street from the Collesium and walk through Ancient Rome! I think that was definitely my favourite part of everything that we have done so far. It was so neat to hear about all the stories about people such as Julius Ceasar and pretty much walk on the same ground that he, amongst other greats, did.

We are staying in an apartment that is about a 5 minute walk away from the Vatican so we are the Popes neighbours! We have been taking a few days to just rest and they have been very much needed. I think all of us are needing a break from constantly being busy so today is one of our days off.

Rome is a pretty dirty city, the airports and transit system are quite yucky. Its kind of the start of our culture shock experience I guess since London isnt TOO different from home.

Anyways, I gotta go! Ill be sure to update when I am able to use the internet again.

1 comment:

  1. Ello Danielle

    Say hello to the pope for me.

    Breanne

    ReplyDelete